Friday, July 12, 2019

Hello Out There!

Proof I've Been Fishing, Just Not Blogging
Hello there! It's been a while! Looking back, it's been a little over a year and a half since my last ramblings on this blog. Ironically, this was in a post called New Year's Resolutions, where I wrote about my plans to both fish and blog more often. I have been fishing more often, and so far since the time I wrote that post I have managed to catch at least one trout each month while fly fishing. The original intent of my personal challenge of a trout a month had three purposes. I wanted to improve my skills as a fly fisherman, improve my fly tying (replacing the flies that got chewed up by all those trout, or more realistically replacing all the flies that got broken off on rocks, snagged on bushes, or stuck in trees), and also hopefully have lots of trips to write about on this blog.

I feel like that two of my three goals have been met. I feel like I've become a better all around trout fisherman, and I've learned quite a bit about how to catch fish during times that I used to write off as the wrong time of year to fish. I've also found more reasons to spend time at the desk tying flies, and through that I feel like I've learned some new techniques, tips, tricks, and patterns that have made fly tying even more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from an expert at any of this, but it has been fun to learn more about the sport that I enjoy so much.

The third goal was to up the frequency of posts on this blog. I'm ashamed to say that's one goal that didn't even come close to being accomplished. I really enjoy blogging, and I have missed the time spent writing and reflecting on my outdoor experiences. I've been doing quite a bit of fishing lately, along with tying flies, and I'm hoping to spend some time writing about it all. With the caveat that I've been known to say this before and not follow through, I am planning to spend some time blogging and see if I can't get some new things on here soon. If you happen to read this, thank you for taking the time to stop by. Hopefully things will pick up around here, but either way it's good to be back.

- Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think!