Thursday, October 25, 2012

OBN Photo Prompt: Fall Colors

Editor's Note: The credit for the pictures in this post goes to my wonderful wife, I was along for the trip but she was the photographer.

Over at the Outdoor Blogger Network they posted an outdoor photo prompt asking for a post showing fall colors. I thought this sounded like a good idea, so I decided to post up some fall pictures from a little further west than my neck of the woods. The Blue Ridge Parkway is one of my favorite places to visit, especially in the fall when the mountains really show off before winter arrives. I haven't been up to the parkway this year for a visit, although I did make it up to Boone, NC a few weekends ago. The colors were starting to really show, but sadly I didn't get a chance to make many pictures. I hope you enjoy some of the "greatest hits" (in my opinion) from the last few seasons on the parkway.
This is actually the spot where I proposed to my wife!

Looking Glass Falls

Looking Glass Rock

The view from Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak in the eastern U.S.

Travelling down the parkway
 I hope you enjoyed these as much as I do!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Joseph

4 comments:

  1. Joseph your wife is quite the photographer !! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tish! Trina is who got me interested in trying to take better pictures myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are warm with Appalachian beauty. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Walt! I love the Appalachians, especially in fall.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think!