Saturday, July 7, 2012

Timing



A lot of outdoor activities require a sense of timing. For fishing, it involves timing the cast, the strike, and often the time of day. For gardening, it is knowing when to plant, when to pick, and when to plow. For hunting, it is knowing what the animals will be doing at a particular time during the year.

I found out that blogging also involves a sense of timing. I started this blog two days before my wife, my dad, my brother, and I went on vacation. I didn't stop to think at the time that all these ideas I had for blog posts would have to be put on the back burner for at least a week! I have been wanting to post to the blog all of this past week, but other than a quick post of some fish from trips made the week before I didn't take the time to write any posts. This is the reason why the next day or two will probably be trip reports from fishing that I did a few weeks ago. I have no intention of rehashing old fishing trips on a regular basis on this blog, although there are a few trips in particular that I may do posts about in the future simply because they stand out in my mind for various reasons.


The garden several weeks ago
Not only was my timing on starting a blog a little off, we also came home today to a garden that is in need of a little TLC. Luckily, the corn is just now ready to be picked, and the green beans had mostly been canned before we left but I do have a day or two of hoeing and weed pulling ahead! Freezing corn and lima beans are also on the agenda for this week. We were fortunate to have my father-in-law and brother-in-law taking care of picking and watering while we were away. Otherwise, the garden may not have survived the heat we had last week.

Some of the fruits of our labor


If all goes well I plan to sneak a fishing trip to the South Toe river in sometime as well. Before I can go fishing though I have to rescue our sweet potato vines from the weeds that sprang up while we were away. In the meantime, I do plan to finally post some information to go along with the smallmouth and trout pictures I posted the other day.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think!